Monday, August 4, 2008

3rd Day in Ilmenau

The first few days of this experience has been fun and interesting. On the day we arrived, we got aquainted with some of the students and the staff here. Everyone is genuinely friendly, they just look pissed off. For the life of me, I can't understand why. There are more Russians here, than any other nationality. That kinda diminishes the experience a little bit, because they all hang together. How are we supposed to gain culture and knowledge if everyone else here is constantly surrounded by their own kind? I'll say this much, it's not going to last much longer. I have a plan that will have everyone mingling like they've known each other for years. Will it work? I don't know, but I came here for a life altering experience, I don't ask for much, and I'll be damned if I don't get it.

No comments: