
Eisenach was somewhat of a dissappointment. The betruems left it up to the students, ourselves, to do our own personal tours. So, us being the Americans that we are, decided that we could find all of the landmarks that we need to find on our own, with maps. Oh my God, how wrong were we. We had an hour and a half to find the Luther house and the Bach house, along with some of the churches there. Let me put it this way. By the time that we realized that we had walked in two circles, we had forty five minutes left. So, the American students, along with one our polish friends made a decision to find the Bach house. We got there and it took us, literally, twenty minutes to go through and take as many pictures as we could. And we got some pretty good ones. So by the time we got all the way through the house, there was only twenty five minutes to get back to the buses. Once everyone was accounted for we, then, headed to Castle Eisenach. This was the castle where St. Elizabeth performed all of her famed miracles for the poor and where Martin Luther translated the Bible into german. The castle was one of the most beautiful, and frankly, oldest things that I've ever seen. I was very impressed by the mosaic room. It must've taken an extremely long time to complete. I still can't get over all of the detail that these people had put into their work. I guess they had to take pride in their work, because there were no playstations or xboxs around in that time, and no choice but to perfect anything that they put their hands on. After the tour of the castle, I decided to go to the tower. As I stood at the top of the tower, I could see everything for maybe fifty miles out. It was windy, sunny, and all around beautiful.
Eisenach wasn't a total debacle. It would have probably been more interesting with a formal tour guide. And now I can say that I've been to a real castle, where people from history stayed. I would love to go to more places and see more cool stuff like castles and churches. There's so much out there that I haven't seen. I guess I have to get around to seeing some them at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment