Friday, September 19, 2008

Getting Started


The first official day of the Sommerkurs was a hectic and stressful one. We woke up and had to go to an orientation ceremony at the kursburo. After immediately after that, we took a placement test. This was so gauge our proficiency in the language. Immediately following the test, we filed into another class room, this is where a few of the teachers explained to us, all in German, some of the other courses that would would be happening during and after our mandatory nine to twelve course. I got placed in group 3. That, to me, wasn't a bad group to be be in. I thought. I had some pretty cool characters in my class. Most of them were Russian. There was also a French girl, a Camaroonian girl, a Polish guy, and Kristin. It was a small class. But, I could tell that we would have fun from the start. Our teacher was Anke. She seemed very open and free. The only thing that surprised me was that there were so many Russians there. I thought, "Damn, can we get a little variety?". There were always new words that I was hearing for the first time. It didn't take long for me to pick up on what they meant. My only problem was learning how to speak. My favorite is ein bissien. I think that's how its spelled. Because all I know is a little.

No comments: